The Village Listserv (email@example.com) has the goal of helping residents foster a close community.
The Listserv conveys up-to-the-minute and temporary information. It is used to send notices to people on an e-mail list (kept private) that is maintained by Village officials. It is a great way for everyone to stay in touch.
For example, residents post information about lost pets, look for help with lawn mowing and snow shoveling, and express opinions about things in the Village. Organizations also announce yard sales, freebies, and social functions in the Village.
The rule of thumb is that if the post is appropriate for the Post Office bulletin board, it is typically appropriate for the Listserv. No personal attacks, no spam, no out of area business posts, and no “me too” posts. A “me too” post would be a post simply agreeing with another post, or notice that you will be attending an event—it adds no value to the list and is more appropriate for the private email option.
If you would like to receive these notices, you can go to Google Groups to sign up: https://support.google.com/groups/answer/1067205?hl=en
- Sign in to Google Groups.
- Search for the group:
- At the top, click My groups and select All groups and messages.
- In the search box, enter the group’s name Freeville Village and press Enter.
- Click the groupJoin group.
- Anyone who can view the group’s members can see your Google profile. If you don’t want your profile to be visible:
- Uncheck the Link to my Google account profile box.
- (Optional) To use a different display name, click Display name and enter the name.
- For Subscription, select how to get email updates from the group.
- If available and you don’t want to be automatically subscribed to updates when you post to the group, uncheck the Subscribe me to email updates box.
- Click Join group.
If you are unable to join the group directly, you can contact the Clerk at(607) 844-8301 or firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the mailing list (again, we assure you that it is kept private).